Wednesday, December 17, 2008

silly gym observations

Gym people always make me laugh. I was in the locker room after my workout and there was a younger-ish girl (probably college age) getting ready to work out. Everything that she did she had to look in the mirror...and that includes putting on deodorant. I dont' know about you, but I can find my armpits without looking at myself. And then before she leaves, she douses herself in perfum (like legit perfume, not like body splash). Strange. It seems to me that if you're just going to get all sweaty and gross its not worth making yourself smell good. Kind of a waste of money.
In other news, all of my NH friends are in my thoughts as they're working through this latest ice storm. I was feeling kind of sad that CT winters are kind of uneventful on the shore, but I don't feel so bad after this. some of them have been without power since Thursday! At least everyone is safe, but if there's anything that I can do for any of you, please let me know. We have plenty of warm beds and we love visitors!
In wedding news, we officially have a church! The Congregational Church in North Haven! The minister is this sweet, goofy kind of guy and the church is a quintessential New England protestant church. It's kind of small, but it'll be so nice to see it full of familiar faces! Can't wait. And...I'm becoming an eBay bride. I ordered some jewelry off of ebay the other day for very cheap. They should come in this week and if they look nice I may have to go crazy with other stuff! And it cost me about a fraction of the price it would have cost me to get them at a store. Can't wait to see them...

No comments: