Friday, November 14, 2008

Phew

Finally a bright spot in this whole wedding planning debacle! I booked my photographer the other day. She's this crazy lady that I absolutely love. Turns out that she changed her packages too (but don't worry, they'll still honor the old packages unlike some other stupid place..::cough::hawthorne::cough). They are now offering an unlimited package where they'd be with us alllll day for only $200 more. That package originally eliminated the photo album, but when I sent an email to ask about it they agreed to toss it in free of charge if I upgraded to the unlimited package. Kind of cool! LaViera Photography has saved me from going crazy. We also booked the florist...awesome little place called the garden path in southington. The lady was so sweet and good at what she does, so that's officially all squared away. Now the only thing I'm lacking is someone to marry me. I emailed another minister to see if she was available and she wasn't but in her email she said, "don't worry, god will provide." So simple, yet such a profound thought. I always struggle for control. I like to know what's going to happen and to plan for anything in the future. If there's anything that I'm learning from this its that you can't plan for everything and that sometimes you need to just have faith that things will work out and go from there. That's not to say that I'm going to sit back and hope something falls in my lap, but it's at least comforting to know that what's meant to be will be. And if we made it through 8 (almost 9) years of dating, four of which were long distance, I'd say this is meant to be...

No comments: